Thursday, May 15, 2008

Preschooler Moons Teacher During Circle Time!

Honestly, why me?

I was not in the greatest frame of mind when I showed up at the boys' school to pick them up. I was feeling sickly and my morning writing session did not go well and am majorly blocked in an important subplot in the new novel (yeah, I know, the old novel isn't published yet...but that shouldn't stop me from working on a new one!)

Bobby's preschool teacher gave me the look, the 'I need a word with you' look.

"We had an incident today during circle time. Bobby got up in the middle of me talking and pulled down his pants and mooned me and the whole class [I'm envisioning him turning in circles like a little penguin to give all his girlfriends full view] and he was sent to the office [oooh!] and I expect you to talk to him about this behavior."

How embarassing! How horrible!

So freaking hilarious though.

I texted my friend Mel and she just laughed and basically intoned: gee, I wonder where the lad learns this kind of behavior?

Well! I don't know what she's trying to imply, by I'd never drop my drawers in the check out line at Safeway. I mean, really.

Then Shane, not to be outdone, walked straight into a birch tree trunk on the way into the library while I was giving Bobby 'the talk'.

"Now, you know why we can't pull down our shorts at school right?"

But Mommy, I did not know I could not do that. Andy told me to do it and if I didn't do it then Andy was going to yell real loud during circle time so I had to do it!

"So you were also talking and being disruptive while Ms. Paula was teaching?"

No, just whispering really quietly and I will never show my butt to Ms. Paula again...

SMACK!

Shane's forehead slams into tree-trunk,

That's something he definitely inherited from me...

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Hysterical! There's always something comical to write about when you have kids! That's priceless, Kelly. I want to meet Andy...

One Lucky Mom said...

Ha! Where do they get this stuff?