Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Pollard Favorites

I'm noticing us Pollards are turning quite stubborn in our tastes and habits this month. It's borderline ridiculous....



Shane's



*SOUP --breakfast, lunch and dinner if he could have his way. top ramen, chicken and stars, dora chicken and noodle, shrek or cars chicken and noodle, it could be 1000 degrees outside and the kid would still be screaming for hot soup! Any soup but the homemade variety, of course.

*TRUCKS-some things never change-monster trucks, pick-ups, tractors, hot rods, big rigs, fire trucks, tow trucks, truck books and movies and blah blah blah, why am I surrounded by so many boys that love trucks? Gee, you can't tell their father is a mechanic or anything.



Bobby's Faves



*TOYS-this is another ridiculous favorite. Coming off the birthday season, he seems to think every day warrants a trip to the store to spend birthday money (now looooong gone) on yet another toy: Transformers, trucks, cars, Pokemon, etc.

*HIS GARDEN-harvesting radishes, which he won't eat, as we speak. Eagerly waiting on tomatoes, carrots, cantelope, squash, lettuce, pumpkins, watermelon and whatever other seeds Bobby threw in the mix



My Faves



*NEUROTIC READING HABIT-my vow to not buy or check out any library books has turned me into quite the book nerd. I am determined to alternate genres with each book I finish, mostly from fiction to nonfiction, though that can change. Just finished Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen, which I flew through--makes me want to write a historical fiction novel, I was so swept away. Now I'm tackling Buddha Never Was a Parent, Jesus Never Drove a Carpool, recommended by a beauty of a yoga teacher who seems like she's the most centered mommy on earth. The author tackles a variety of religious ideas and incorporates them into her 'Parenting with Soul' philosophy. This book is killing me because I'm supposed to only read one chapter a week so I can incorporate a new practice weekly (this week, three deep breathes at those many moments when I want to explode--like when Shane colors his leg with a Sharpie for example...wait, that was last week, I actually did explode, but finally, the ink has washed off) I digress...so now I'm breaking my other neurotic reading rule, which is to only read one book at a time. So I just dove into a new YA novel and it feels deliciously sinful.



*2am OBSESSING-I think I'm trying to break some kind of record here. Usually, I am not one of those insomniac types that needs a warm milk and melatonin to drift off to sleep. Usually I don't wake up in the middle of the night, quietly obsessing over agent submissions, writers conferences, article deadlines or kindergarten registration. Usually it's the boys that interrupt my sleep. I believe I'm going on five days now of being exhausted from thinking way too much in the wee hours. What do I do???



Rob's Faves

(usually I don't write about the hubby since he actually knows how to read, unlike my boys, who I can still torture by telling their stories, but I'm sleep-deprived and really don't care!)



*HOCKEY--we are into the summer season, which means hockey games two nights a week for the lucky guy.

*OAKLAND A'S--note to self, must by baseball tickets for a nice father's day present for the guy.



See, I was nice to Rob. Isn't he lucky?

No comments: