Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Alright, so it isn't a Picasso or anything, but Shane sure got a kick out of his own Mystery Machine!






The party was a blast for all, if I do say so myself, except for the fly invasion into our home that ended with a bizarre twist. We started the party in the afternoon, and as the evening progressed, and the kid party ended and the adults carried on, we noticed that the flies had finally disappeared.


Then me looked up at the ceiling...


Ack! Dozens of full-bellied, heated, weary flies slept lethargically on our popcorn ceiling. It was the most disgusting thing I have ever witnessed. Perhaps I exaggerate a little, but it really was something else. My husband had the thankless task of eliminating the pests since smashing bugs turns my stomache. My sister-in-law, Dana, had a better idea. He busted out the shop-vac and spent the next half hour sucking up flies and the house was finally clear. A great, non-gory method of death.


Shane only had one temper tantrum, when his first present was NOT a front loader, but a brand-new, sweet, big-boy bike from his grandparents. And he only suffered one injury, a welt below his eye that must have been the monster truck jump house's doing. In all, the birthday was a success and I didn't suffer any meltdowns, though I came close when my vacumn broke a mere hour before the guests were to arrive. But that, is another story that I am saving for my next Suburban Queen column for Valley Lifestyles Magazine...

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Glad the party was a success -- how could it not be with that great cake. What wonderful memories you're making for and with your kids!

Ick on flies!
~cindy