Friday, September 30, 2005

Blogging Break

I just wanted to thank all of you who have been reading and commenting on my crazy life with a household of boys. Luckily, all of the viruses/rashes have been remedied and all of us are healthy. Well, except for our Black Lab Sadie, who we just found out, will need an expensive surgery to repair a torn ligament. Things are already tight so it will take some creative budgeting and borrowing to pay the $2-3000 for her to be the same lively pup once again.

The online magazine (www.mommiesmagazine.com) I have been working on is steadily doing better, although it still is not a source of income yet. As of now, I'm viewing it as editing and publishing experience for me. Something will have to change soon with the income situation, because I just may have to go back to work if I don't start making money freelance writing. That isn't necessarily a bad thing. The break from the household would probably be good for my sanity, but it would also mean less time spent with Robbie, since I would have to work nights and/or weekends. Plus, it would also take time and energy away from my writing. The other startup magazine I wrote a feature article for Total180! is set to be published in November, and I'm really hoping it will take off as well. Look for it on the newsstands and if you are a stay at home mom and can spare $15 (believe me, I understand if you can't!), go to www.total180mag.com and subscribe to this fun and fresh magazine. The incredible ladies are fronting a lot of the expenses of publishing the first issue, so every little bit helps.

So what is the point of all these ramblings? I think it is time to take a break from the blogging for awhile because Chops isn't napping anymore and I only have a tiny window of freedom where I can write and clean and shower, etc. I'm sure I will pick it up again someday when things have settled and I get into a better writing routine.

Everyone pray for me. Pray that the boys don't drive me completely nuts, that Sadie will recover nicely from her surgery, and that I will make the big time with my writing in the next few years! It's been fun stepping on the blogging bandwagon and I'm sure I'll be back!

No comments: