Thursday, October 14, 2010

My Goof Off Son....A Leader???

I'm blown away by this one. But then again, not really.

I just published a column about how my 7yr old son has been going through this painful (to me) phase of outrageous goofiness. I'm talking goofy expressions paired with silly, high pitched voices and weird, galloping walks around the house. He's like a zoo animal.

Except, apparently, at school.

This is the kid that has spent his last few years in school losing recess time on several occasions and one memorable trip to the principal's office for his behavior, mostly stemming from his clownish nature.

Second grade has him turning over a new leaf. His teacher has come up to me a few times, complimenting Bobby on his focus and his natural tendency for academics. She pulled me aside yesterday at the playground with yet another rave. She called him the "L" word. I had to peel my jaw off the pavement it had dropped so far.

He's a natural born leader, she says. My son, my crazy son, with a rap sheet that includes mooning his preschool class during circle time and making raunchy armpit noises and calling his classmate a nimrod in the first grade.

My son is a LEADER and an ACADEMIC. I'm in shock still....

1 comment:

Amrita said...

I liked this story and boy.