Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Why I Love the Valley


Sometimes in the suburban sprawl of my everyday life, I long for a home surrounded by acres of forest in walking distance of a sparkling body of water. I curse the 580 traffic. Clench my fingers into my palms on the stop and go city commute to the boys' respective schools.

But as with most things in life, once I take a step back, or in this case, hundreds of steps up the (free!!) trails of Brushy Peak in Livermore, I see what I have from a rosier perspective.

3 comments:

One Lucky Mom said...

Written like a woman with two kids in school.

Cindy said...

It sure is a beautiful place to live. I never tire of the view--I just forget to appreciate it sometimes. Thanks for the reminder Kelly

Rebecca Ramsey said...

Gorgeous photo! What a beautiful place! And I'm right there with you in suburbia. It's good to get out once in a while!

Your boys are beautiful!

Thanks so much for dropping by my blog party! Meeting new friends is the best present ever!
Becky